So many things to talk about...where do I begin.
Let's start with Thursday (yes I know this is not technically part of the weekend, but roll with me on this one)...Thursday started out with snow, yes that is right, snow. When I woke up Thursday morning there was about 1-2 inches of snow in my yard. I got ready for work, and when I arrived it was STILL snowing, and continued snowing until sometime Friday morning. We were released from school early, which NEVER happens. When all was said and done, we had a total of about 10 inches of snow.
Friday, school was cancelled! Oh was a glorious event! Snow day = do as little as possible. I cleaned the house and watched movies...it was beautiful! But I had to be at church by 6:00 because I had volunteered to help with wake-up weekend (a.k.a. disciple now) with the youth. To be totally honest, I had no idea what I was getting myself into. I didn't know what to expect, I didn't know what I was going to be doing exactly...it was just all very uncertain (in my mind at least). My friend Robin and I were hosting 10th grade girls at her house...
We got to the church, ate, and then went to a large group service...it was good. We then went to the host home and met as a co-ed group. I was still very uncertian of what my role was, so I just hung back and observed the happenings.
Saturday...wake-up weekend continues. We started with an AMAZING breakfast at the host home and then proceeded to the church to have a group service. We had lunch and then were assigned our mission project. We were assigned the task of making Valentine's day cards and taking them to the residents in a local nursing home. We all sat at tables and were given construction paper, scissors, glue, and pipe cleaners...kind of brought back memories of grade school. We were about to leave and someone called the home and discoverd they had 130 residents, we had 35 Valentine's card. This is when operation "make 90 more Valentine's cards in 25 minutes" began. We had a nice little assembly line, some were cutting hearts, some were gluing said hearts, some were folding construction paper, some were writing...it was a beautifully orchestrated even that accomplished the goal. We went to the nursing home and handed them out...let me just say this was an experience.
Saturday night we had another large group service...I think I got more from this service than some of the youth. It was amazing!
The praise and worship music was great, the speaker said just what I needed to hear...I felt like everything about was just for me! Afterwards we went back and had small group time, and the girls really began to open up. It was all so great.
Sunday, we went to church and then that evening some friends came over and we watched "Amazing Race", ate pizza (which if you have never had Papa Murphy's pizza, you need to try it), had browines, and just enjoyed life together.
I apologize for the lengh of this post, but I had to share...
1 comment:
sounds fantabulous!! ;)
Post a Comment