So yesterday was the big one...I turned the big 3-0! Honestly, everyone tends to freak out about the fact that turn 30, but I am okay with it. Honestly it feels no different than 29. The only difference is that I get to check a new age box on forms...
Going back to the whole "scared of 30" concept for a moment. When I was younger (15ish), I used to think that by the time was 30 I would be married, have a few kids and be very happy with my life. As I reflect on that as I am now 30, I see a very different picture. I am 30, not married (not even in a relationship), and no kids (unless you count my dog). But regardless of not being where I my teenage brain said I should be, I am very happy! I have an awesome church, I am surrounded by awesome friends, I love my job, I have a house, overall...I can't (and shouldn't) complain!
Enough of that...as yesterday was my birthday, it was a day to celebrate, and here is how I did:
(if you don't know me well, the series of events may appear to be totally unrelated, but if you do know me then the series of events you are about to read will seem in true Randa fashion)
We (and by we I mean me and 3 of my friends) started the day with lunch at Cheddar's. Which one of had been there is forever and quickly decided that we have no idea why we don't go there often. The food is good, they give you large portions, and it is fairly cheap. So after eating lunch we journeyed down the street to the nail salon that came highly recommended by Jill.
We arrive at the nail salon and all get a pedicure. We faced the task of selecting a nail color...holy cow, you would have thought we were picking the person we were going to marry the way we agonized over the color choice. (side note: when stating we in that last portion, I actually mean I, but it makes mr feel better to involve all the others as well) I chose a nice teal-ish color, Robin chose a blue-ish color, and both Rachel and Jill chose a shade of orange. We all got a lovely design, and Robin and I got manicures. My freshly manicured nails were painted a lively shade of clear, and yes I received many a comment later about why did I not get a color. I am just not a color on my nails sort of gal.
After pampering at the nail salon (and being sang happy birthday to by the Asian ladies) we went shopping. I will spare you all the detail of that...just know there was fun had.
I then proceeded home to change clothes and head out to the Rangers game! A group of us went, there were about 10, and I was honored to spend my birthday with these folks. The whole time we were really prayin that the 60% chance of rain that had been advertised all day would not become 100% while we were there, and it did not! We had a nice breeze, great seats, dollar hot dogs, and a Ranger win! Now that is a good night at the ballpark if I do say so myself! After the game, we were waiting on the shuttle to take us back to our car, but decided we would get there faster by walking (which turned out to be a true assessment). We did walk about 1-1.5 miles, but it was worth it.
Overall, I had an amazing 30th birthday, and would not trade a second of it.
But yesterday was just the beginning of the celebrations, I still have about 4 more days of celebrating coming up!
1 comment:
Happy Birthday!!!
Happy 30!
Post a Comment