For those of you that haven't read my blog faithfully (and honestly why would you), I teach three year olds on Sunday mornings. They are great fun, and they have some of the greatest comments about various things. (one example can be found in a previous blog...from the mouths of babes)
This past Sunday, it was almost time for the next set of teachers to come in, so naturally it was snack time. Long live the goldfish and water. We did not have very many kids this week, in comparison to other weeks, and they had segregated themselves according to gender. The young pink loving ladies were at one table nicely eating their goldfish and sipping on their water. While at the other table were the boys, who earlier that day had pretended they were bears hiding under the table and growling at anyone who came by. The boys were also pretending that the fish were jumping in their mouths as they ate them, and actually throwing the fish at their faces.
Now while all this is going on, one of the little girls decided to talk about gum. I don't know where it came from or quite honestly what she even said about it, but the topic of discussion was gum. Then one of the boys having to input something in the conversation, stated "my parents don't let me have gum, they are afraid I will chew it." And I guess thinking no one heard him the first time proceeded to repeat this statement about 3 more times. I was standing to the side and thinking, dude it's gum, you chew it. And just then one of the other little boys speaks up and says rather loudly "It's gum, aren't you supposed to chew it?" I just giggled to myself and we moved on to the next topic, which was probably something in regards to how high their fish could jump (aka be thrown). It was just very humorous the entire situation.
No comments:
Post a Comment