So in case you haven't noticed or have been living under a rock inside a very warm building, IT IS COLD!!!!!!!! Now being a native Texan, I have not been exposed to harsh winter time conditions. This week has just been down right miserable. That is unless you count Sunday as part of this week, Sunday in which I wore shorts and a long sleeved shirt all day and was comfortable.
Now don't get me wrong, I am a big fan of bundling up in my warm clothes, throwing a fun little scarf around my neck and calling it a day...but there is only so much I can handle.
So yesterday as I was sitting in my classroom looking at the grey, dreary sky, I decided I am going to make chili tonight. Now mind you my chili usually comes from a can, and has a smell that oh so slightly resembles dog food. But this time I decided to try my hand at making it. So I did what any good cook does and decided to look on the Internet for a recipe. I went to the old faithful website first...http://www.kraft.com/ If you have never been to this website it is WONDERFUL!!!
So I looked up a recipe (actually 2) and decided to write it down and go to the store after school. Myself and another teacher went to the store right down the street from my school, and let me tell you I will never make that mistake again. I saw about 5 students and about 5 other teachers...I don't want to be bothered during my shopping experience.
I got home and began making the chili...let me tell ya'll it really was not that hard, and it turned out pretty good if I do say so myself.
Maybe next time I will have the nerve to venture out from the recipe a little...I am pretty much one for sticking to the recipe, i don't need any mishaps...right Kandy!?!?!
No comments:
Post a Comment