Saturday, April 9, 2011

i have been blessed...

I have been blessed

And I feel like I've found my way
I thank God for all I've been given
At the end of every day
I have been blessed
With so much more than I deserve
To be here with the ones that love me
To love them so much it hurts
I have been blessed...

These are the lyrics to the chorus of Martina McBride's song "Blessed"

I can't think of any better way to describe my life right now. 

A year and a half ago, I made a decision in my life to change churches.  I had been attending the same church for about 5 years and without going into all the details, it was time for a change.  I began attending First Baptist Church Arlington and immediately felt at home.  Ove the year and a half that I have been there, I have made some great friends.  Friends that I can be myself with and not have to fear judgment.  Friends that love & accept me despite my flaws.  Friends that share my interests and have interests of their own.  Words can not express how blessed I am to have these people as a part of my life. 

I think the only thing that would make my life better at this point is if my (excuse the slide back to 7th grade for a second) "BFF" would move closer so that we don't have to drive an hour and a half to see each other. 

No comments: