Sunday, January 1, 2012

a year in review (part 2)

I decided to wait until today to write part 2 of this post, because with the new timeline on facebook if I waited until today I could easily look back by month and see what went down.  So picking up where I left off...here we go!

JULY
Oh July...you bring hot temperatures, fireworks, cookouts and my birthday!  Also, in 2011 you brought these things...

My birthday at the ballpark.  And for every one's viewing pleasure I will go ahead and leave this picture this size.  Originally when the Rangers schedule came out they were not playing on my birthday, which in all honesty made me sad.  But in May, the same day I had jury duty, they got rained out and they rescheduled the game for July 7th!  This brought a great deal of pleasure to my life!  Since the game was a make up game, there was no one there, so we were able to score these seats, and this view of 1st base.  This day was a bit bittersweet however, as it was also the game that the fan fell from the stands and later died. 

On that note, July 2011 also brought this...

My near and dear friend Kandy got to come visit me and we went with our friend Beth to Painting with a Twist.  We got to paint the adorable little fella on the left.  I have a feeling that we will be doing this again in 2012!




This also happened...



Yes folks, that is right, the Rangers beat the Twins 20-6 and I got to be at the game.  If I have to choose a 2nd favorite team it would have to be the Twins.  The main reason for that choice is #7-Joe Mauer.  I did wear my Joe Mauer shirt to this game, but also had on my Rangers hat.  This is also the game that my dear friend Suzi choked on a peanut and I failed to come to her rescue.  I thought she finished coughing because she finished, not because she couldn't breathe!  Oops!







Also, this happened...

Our friend Jackie had a birthday and we went to Piranha Killer Sushi.  I didn't eat sushi this night, but I did enjoy a delicious meal and a good time with friends!

AUGUST
August, oh August...you bring us even more heat.  You also bring us the start of school.  I kind of think that out of the 12 months available, you are my least favorite...sorry August, someone has to be last. 





 As I said, August brings the start of school and with that comes much preparation and much excitement. 
This is just one of the days that I happened to snap a photo of the thermometer in my car.  Needless to say it was a really hot summer!!! 

This sign is pretty fantastic and so are the ladies I got to share this game with.  Michael Young hit his 2000th hit and we were there for it.  We had a glittertastic sign and everything.  This sign currently resides in my garage. 

August also contained some pretty fabulous facial accessories...
We had to support our boy Derek Holland and his attempt to grow a mustache, or as we in Texas call it a Dutchstache.  We made shirts that said "respect the stache" and also obtained some pretty fantastic clip on staches.  And ladies and gentlemen, this was just the beginning!

SEPTEMBER
Oh September...I really don't have much to say about you, but I do have lots that happened within your 30 days! 

Like this...
I got to visit with these fantastic people for the first time in a very long time.  These wonderful people are my cousins.  The reason we all were able to spend time together was because my grandmother passed away.  So the reason wasn't great, but it was great seeing them all.  I hope we can do it again sometime without the sad circumstances surrounding it. 

Not long after returning from Albuquerque, I headed here...
Yep, that's right...San Francisco.  I was able to spend 5 days here and attend a conference at the Exploratorium.  It was a great time had by all.  The weather was beautiful, the sights were fantastic, the shopping and eating were wonderful.  I loved it and can't wait to go back again...either for a conference or just to go, I will take either. 

The night I came back from San Fran, this happened...
The Rangers became the AL West champs for the second year in a row!!!!!  Amber and I were at the ballpark at midnight to get our shirts!  Aren't they cute!?

Also this happened...

I can't really tell you which game this was,  but I love the picture and needed to share it.  Love these gals and will always cherish the memories of the 2011 baseball season! 

This also happened...













The Rangers had their last regular season home game and of course we were there...why wouldn't we be!?  The first picture is from our seats at that game.  The second picture is Amber and I pretty much right after we appeared on the jumbotron.  It only took us all season, but we finally made it!   
                                                        

OCTOBER
October...the only way I enjoy seeing you come is if my boys are still playing ball.  So this year, October was a delightful month.  In the month of October, my friends and I were able to attend an ALDS game, and ALCS game and a World Series game.  Also, if we were not in attendanced at the games, we were able to watch them together.  I am just going to go ahead an post all the pictures I have for October and put a caption under each...let this serve as your warning...they are all baseball related. 

Suzi, Amber, and I showing off our AL chamsp shirts that we stood in line for with hundreds of other crazy folks!

This is truly one of my favorite places on the planet! 

The baseball gals fresh off a World Series domination by none other than Derek Holland!!!

Speaking of Derek Holland, we got to meet his family!  We were hanging out before game 4 and they came up to us and requested a photograph...they were delightful indiviuals. 

Watching game 6 of the WS at Painting with a Twist.  This was probably my least favorite painting...could it be because I was a little distracted!?

I think the sign says it all! 
NOVEMBER
November, dear sweet November.  You bring unwanted poundage to our hips and stomach regions, but you also bring cooler temperatures and lots of family time. 

You also brought this...
I got a new dog!  This is Starla.  I don't know what kind of dog she is, but I like to call her my pygmy golden retriever. 

We are clearly too cool for school! 
This also happened...
The new Muppet movie came out!  My dear friend Loni had a birthday and since the theme of her parties is usually a kid party what better way to celebrate than with the Muppets!?  We went to the show at midnight.  Please note my outfit and my friend Amber's outfit (she is the one laying in the front).  You should be able to spot some similarities...oh wait.  Our outfits are exactly the same!!!!  Totally not planned!

DECEMBER
Oh December, I think we all know what you bring...lots of joy, lots of presents, lots of people at the mall!  But for me in 2011 you also brought this...

One of my former students signed to play basketball at the University of Texas and myself and several collegues were fortunate enough to be able to attend the signing. 

This also happened...

Nothing says Christmas quite like jazz hands!  We are adorable, we know! 

This also showed up on my plate at one point...
That is right, I ate sushi for the first time!  It was enjoyable.  The tuna part of it I didn't like so much, but the rest was delightful!

This also occured...
I got a new nephew.  Jenson Douglas Wooten joined the family on 12/13/11.  Even though sister dosen't look excited in this photo, she actually is very excited to be a big sister! 

And finally, I ended 2011 with this...


A New Year's eve party.  It was quite a good time had by all, and I even dressed up! 

I hope you have enjoyed my year in review.  I will try my very best to keep up with all the happenings this year as they actually happen, then I won't have to spend as long reviewing at the end! 

I wish all of you the very best in 2012!  And GO RANGERS!!!!


No comments: