This year they have been particularly concerned with how they can contract STDs. I would be lying if I said that this didn't concern me slightly. These kids are in 7th grade...why is this something they are concerned about? I mean let's get real for a second, half of these kids aren't even certain why girls have a period. They also still think the baby grows in the stomach.
Every class period during these lessons I give each student an index card. At the end of the class period I instruct them that on one side they are to write something they have learned and on the other side they are to write any questions they have. This activity alone produces some very entertaining material. Let me share some items with you...
My favorite from last year:
What I learned--Having sex is not wuz up!
Questions--None! I've seen enough!
Things learned from this year:
- If you take out your fertilizer so you won't get pregnant can you put it back in?
**For the record, I have no idea what this actually means! - I learned how sex can be affective to pregnancy.
- I learned that sex is not a good thing and its a risk.
- That people can have things tie or cut off to not have any more kids.
- Allot. Everything waz helpful!
- Buy flowers for the wife!
- ***Drum roll please*** My personal favorite one from this year: Teens are more foolish than I thought!
No comments:
Post a Comment