Thursday, April 10, 2008

love for the green bag...



I don't know how this happened, but green has become my FAVORITE color. Now if you were to go to my house, this would not be what you would guess as my favorite color, because everything is decorated with red and khaki...don't ask why, it just happened.

Now, back in November, I went shopping on some random Saturday with one of my dear friends Angela ( I think we have known each other for about 8 years...wow, time flies when you are having fun). We were at some mall, I can never remember the names of the ones in North Dallas, they all run together, and we went into the store Forever 21. Now just the name of the store alone implies that my almost 28 year old self should not be in there unless I want to dress like I am eternally 21, which does not sound like fun to me. Anyway, we were looking around and I spotted it, the most fabulous green bag! I turned to Angela and said, "do you see it" and she responded with "oh, you must have it". I went and picked it up and walked around the store with it for a minute, still trying to decide and went ahead and purchased it.

Now, 5 months later, this green bag has to be the best bag I have EVER owned. No seriously, I am not even kidding. I switched to another bag for a while, one that I purchased in Abilene, which I refer to as my disco ball purse. It is a large bag with daisies on it and it is covered with clear sequence (I can't spell don't hold that against me). I switched back to the green bag today and realized how much I missed it...it has 4 pockets on the outside which hold a number of things that I usually need on a regular basis--my car keys, my work keys, my burts bees chapstick, and my badge for Sunday mornings when I work in the 3 year old class. It is just fantastic.

My dear friend Angela that was with me when the bag was purchased has a fiancee who has really found the bag helpful. We all three when shopping (it seems like a theme with Angela and I) and of course her fiancee didn't want to look and look in stores that we really love (New York and Company for example), so he would wander off and catch up with us later. Understand that Angela is about 5'2" (ish) and I am 5'8"...so one time when her fiancee found us he said, I just look for the tall one with the big green bag...I am so glad I could be of assistance.

And recently on an episode of Miss Guided on one of those channels, the lead girl, totally had my bag...it made me so happy.

This photo is my neice who insisted on carrying my purse out of the restraunt that we were at. Keep in mind that the purse is probably almost as big as she is, but she would not put it down.



Until next time...

1 comment:

debra parker said...

I really love the green bag.

I actually have a green bag of my own.