Wednesday, April 9, 2008

so you had a bad day...

So I know that you have probably heard that song. Yesterday just was not a good day for some of my favorite things.

Yes...yesterday was Rangers home opener, and they lost (8-1). And I just would like to say thank you to all my "friends" who had to remind me on several occasions that they did infact lose. This morning, my students felt the need to just go ahead and rub salt in the wound that was already there...so thanks guys. My response to all of you is "don't worry...there is still alot of season left!!"

Also, last night was American Idol. My friends and I gathered together to eat dinner and watch Idol (we gathered together so we didn't have to communicate about it via text this week). We did gather at my house, and I did make dinner...let me give some of you an opportunity to pick yourself up off the ground...We watched idol and of course I was super excited when contestant #5 came up...my favorite--David Cook!!! However, after his performance I was just a little, actually a lot disappointed. I normally send in quite a few votes for him, but this week, since I still do have a strong liking for him, rather than sending several votes, I only sent 2. He lost some major points with me when at the end of his performance he put his hand up to the camera and it read "give back"...which all in all is not a bad message, but seriously dude, that was super cheesy!!!!! And someone else obviously wrote it on his hand, since he is a lefty and it was on his left hand (and plus, the writing was a little girly)...So my note to David Cook...be yourself, not who you think everyone wants you to be...

Last part of this post...my prediction for this weeks american idol dismissal. (side note: the last two weeks I have been dead on...) My prediciton (or maybe this is just my wish) for this week...Brooke White. (sorry jana, anna, and rebekah...I know your feelings for her, but you also know mine for her)

2 comments:

debra parker said...

The Astros lost their first. Ernest was pretty sad but doesn't hold a lot of hope for the season.

Unknown said...

I hope you are wrong about Brooke...but I know that you are two weeks in the running!! We will see...