Thursday, June 26, 2008

Christmas in June!?!?!?

Ok, so the past couple of months Hobby Lobby has become my home away from home. I love this place. I could spend forever in there just looking and being inspired. Granted, I am usually inspired, but if I do anything with it is another story. I can say that I have spent my fair share of money in that place...I am keeping the dollar moving. However, the other day (at the beginning of the month...whatever) and as I walked down the isles that normally hold the very cute outside garden stuff (which btw is not where my money has been spent) there was now reds, greens, silvers, and golds...all of which were on CHRISTMAS ornaments and decorations. Come on---it is June. Can we not get through the celebration of our country (aka 4th of July) first. I know there are many folks that do enjoy the Christmas decorations and there are many folks that probably have started buying the Christmas stuff so they can make crafts and have them ready for the craft fairs that will be upon us very soon. But I know these folks have functioned in the past..they can do it again. And wouldn't the smarter thing to do be to buy the stuff after Christmas this year when it is at least 50% off and then store it for next year...that is how I roll anyway.

1 comment:

The Rhodes' said...

I agree! Ridiculous!