The first time I heard the song "a good friend and a glass of wine" by Leann Rimes I fell in love with it. I must admit that I have not always been the biggest fan of one Ms. Leann Rimes...quite frankly she annoyed me for a while, but this song is fabulous!!! And more and more I realize how really true the lyrics are. The chorus says...
a good friend and a glass of wine
someone to say it's gonna be alright
a good friend and a glass of wine
a little pick-me up to get me through the night
we talk trash 'n' we laugh and cry
that kind of therapy money can't buy
every now and then, every now and then
every girl needs a good friend and a glass of wine.
that is just so true...
the other night I went to a friends house from high school. we all went to dinner and then back to her house where we laughed at our high school selves...We most certinaly did not realize how often we wore the overalls (long and short). Apparently looking at photo albums we wore them all the time, because there were no less than 20 occasions in which the overalls showed up on one or both of us...who ever thought that that was something that everyone should wear? We also realized that a free shirt that we somehow accquired became a staple in our wardrobes also...it was a quizno's shirt that seriously we don't remember how we got. But this shirt honestly must have taken the place of the overalls, because that shirt showed up on one or both of us a number of times also. One day we will all look back on ourselves currently and wonder...what in the world were we thinking...but for now, I am just wondering what in the world were we thinking in high school...an oh so short 10 years ago!!!!!!
3 comments:
Hey good friend...why don't you make your way to Houston so we can share a glass of wine??? Or should I say when?
BTW. I have never heard of that song.
I haven't heard that song either bu tI did enjoy our time reminicing! We were quite the stylish dressers!
Everytime I look at old photos, I can't get past the BIG HAIR. That was a terrible time...but we thought we looked so good. Great journal post. I enjoyed reading it....So, have you heard any good Cocker songs...maybe a little "You Can Leave Your Hat On"...:-)
Post a Comment