Sunday, June 1, 2008

I am officially....

OLD!!!

I attended a wedding yesterday of a friend from college (this is only the beginning of the weddings for this year) she and I went to church together, so there were several people from my church in Abilene in attendance. I spoke with most of them and caught up on their lives...and that is when I felt old.

First you must understand that while in Abilene, I helped in the youth group at my church...

One couple that I spoke with, I had their daughter in the first disciple now that I did at my Abilene church. And somehow all other disciple now's that I did, their daughter was in my group. Their daughter and several other girls from the youth group would spend the night at my house frequently, we also hung out on the night of her prom when she didn't go. That was the night she ate her first Allsup's burritto...if you have never experienced this food item, it is a must at some point in your life. ***side note, if you are going to get an allsups burritto, be prepared to come out of the allsups smelling like a burritto*** I moved to Arlinton and their daughter went off to college, she has now graduated, and just completed teaching her first semester...she should still be in high school. This same couple has a son that was just leaving for college when I arrived at Trinity, but I still knew him somewhat...he is getting married in August.

I also saw the pastors wife, she was telling me about the youngest son...he will soon be graduating from college, which doesn't seem possible and possibly attending law school...

Another teen, graduated from high school this weekend, which really makes me feel old, because the first disciple now, we were at her parents house and she was unable to participate in disciple now because she was only in 5th grade!

I heard about all the teens that were in the youth group when I was there and how they have graduated from either college or high school, and have gone on to become productive members of society. I am getting old...

yes, I know...you are only as old as you feel, or whatever that saying is. I really don't feel that old. I will be 28 in July...I don't like saying that number, because it just sounds so old. 27 isn't so bad, but 28...that is almost 30! I guess I will get over it. and I will just go on with my life as usual, until kids graduate next year...in 2 years, the first group of kids that I taught in D'ville will graduate...now talk about feeling old.

No comments: