Tuesday, June 10, 2008

from the mouths of babes...

On Sunday mornings at my church, I teach three year olds. The three year olds that I have are older 3's. They turned 4 sometime between September and now.

This Sunday, our story was about Noah and the Ark. Every week, John, the guy I teach with, tells the story and then there is always a picture that accompanies the story. We pass the picture around the circle so all can have a chance to look at it, and then they point out something in the picture that they remember from the story. This week I was sitting between a little boy who could not keep the legs of his chair on the ground for the life of him (very similar to my 7th graders, but that is a whole other story) and a little girl that rarely says much. Of course as we start passing the picture and John askes them who is in the picture all of them respond with "JESUS!!!"---which is their answer for everything. So as the little girl gets the picture she asks me why Noah's shirt is ripped (the picture is of him working on building the ark), so I tell her that he is working very hard to get the ark built, because that is what God told him to do. Her response to that was "Oh, he is kinda cute." I managed to keep the laughter in (somehow) and all i could say was--"Pass the picture". You just never know what kids will say...but you can bet it will be completely honest.

No comments: